Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy: An Osteopathic Perspective
- Date(s): October 19, 2018 – October 20, 2018
- Times: Friday 9:00AM - 5:00PM; Saturday 9:00AM - 1:00PM *Registration and breakfast are 30 minutes before advertised start time.
Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital
Assembly Room 1 & 2
3599 University Blvd South
Jacksonville, FL 32216
This presentation will cover an integrated approach of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy and Osteopathic techniques. The history and philosophy of Osteopathic Medicine will be presented. The main focus of the presentation will be demonstration and laboratory time. A variety of manipulative techniques will be presented that have a strong crossover value between Physical Therapy and Osteopathic Medicine. This course will be presented at the intermediate to advanced level.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss biomechanical movement of the axial spine, rib cage, pelvis and sacrum.
- Diagnosis selected dysfunctions of the axial spine, rib cage, pelvis and sacrum.
- Demonstrate selected manipulative techniques of the axial spine, rib cage, pelvis and sacrum.
Eric Shamus, PT, DPT, PhD
Florida Gulf Coast University
Eric Shamus is an Associate professor at Florida Gulf Coast University. Prior to this he taught at Nova Southeastern University in the College of Osteopathic Medicine. Eric is an author of two textbooks and multiple journal articles. He has presented courses in a variety of manual therapy techniques and has lectured internationally.Intended Audience:
The information presented in this course is clinically relevant for licensed Physical Therapists (PT) only.CEUs:
This course has been approved for 12 hours (1.2 CEUs) by the following boards:
- Florida Physical Therapy Association for PT ONLY
Disclaimer: Registrations from individuals with clinical designations not listed in the intended audience for this course may be subject to removal from the course roster without a full refund. See Brooks IHL Course Policies and Procedures for details. If you are unsure or have questions related to the intended audience, please email info@BrooksIHL.org and we will be happy to help clarify!
Simply select the number of tickets you wish to purchase and click the "Order Now" button to pay by credit card. After payment, you will receive an email confirmation of enrollment. Having trouble seeing the prices below? Click here!
- If you would like to pay by check, cash, or department*, please print this registration form, and send it to us with your payment. Checks should be made out to Brooks Rehabilitation.
- The Brooks Institute of Higher Learning will provide reasonable accommodations for learners with special needs. Please contact the Brooks IHL at info@BrooksIHL.org for more information and/or for a special needs accommodation request.