PTA Advanced Proficiency Program: Geriatric
Geriatric Program Overview:
Upon completion of this program you will receive 60+ contact hours of continuing education courses on discipline and content specific topics. Over 60 hours of continuing education classes which include both didactic/cognitive materials as well as hands-on, lab format material. You will receive 30 mentoring hours from a Geriatric specialist. Lastly you will have all knowledge and skill assessment tools needed to complete the APTA APP Program Portfolio.
- Deadline to Enroll: December 22,2017
- Enrollment Opens: September 1, 2017
- Orientation January 16, 2018
The program curriculum covers everything from exercise prescription for the older adult to management of Osteoporosis. Below are a list of courses you will be expected to complete.
- Therapeutic Exercise Dosing for Patients with Orthopaedic Dysfunction
- Exercise Prescription for the Older Adult
- Osteoporosis: Identification, Treatment, Prevention, and Management
- PTA Geriatric Foundations (this will be a unique class directed specifically to PTA’s)
- Standard Registration With Mentoring $ 3,000.00 **
- Standard Registration Without Mentoring $2,200.00
- Brooks Clinician With Mentoring $1,800.00
**PTA’s will be provided with a clinical mentor and/or supervising physical therapist or assisted with obtaining one if geographical location of the PTA is not conducive for the IHL mentors.
Customized payment plan available upon request
How to Apply:
Please fill out the application below. Offers will be extended no later than January 12, 2018. Deadline to apply to December 22, 2017.