PTA Advanced Proficiency Program: Geriatric
Geriatric Program Overview:
Upon completion of this program you will receive 60+ contact hours of continuing education courses on discipline and content specific topics. Over 60 hours of continuing education classes which include both didactic/cognitive materials as well as hands-on, lab format material. You will receive 30 mentoring hours from a Geriatric specialist. Lastly you will have all knowledge and skill assessment tools needed to complete the APTA APP Program Portfolio.
The program curriculum covers everything from exercise prescription for the older adult to management of Osteoporosis. Below are a list of courses you will be expected to complete.
- Therapeutic Exercise Dosing for Patients with Orthopaedic Dysfunction
- Exercise Prescription for the Older Adult
- Brooks IHL Scholarly Symposium
- Basic Management of Urinary Incontinence for the Home Health, Skilled Nursing, & Non-Pelvic Floor Therapist - September Offering
- PTA Geriatric Foundations (this will be a unique class directed specifically to PTA’s)
*Courses are subject to change at any time
Standard Registration With Mentoring $ 3,000.00 **
Standard Registration Without Mentoring $2,200.00
Brooks Clinician With Mentoring $1,800.00
**PTA’s will be provided with a clinical mentor and/or supervising physical therapist or assisted with obtaining one if geographical location of the PTA is not conducive for the IHL mentors.
How to Apply:
2019 PTA Advanced Proficiency Program application updates to come!