PTA Advanced Proficiency Program: Geriatric
Geriatric Program Overview:
Upon completion of this program you will receive 60+ contact hours of continuing education courses on discipline and content specific topics. Over 60 hours of continuing education classes which include both didactic/cognitive materials as well as hands-on, lab format material. You will receive 30 mentoring hours from a Geriatric specialist. Lastly you will have all knowledge and skill assessment tools needed to complete the APTA APP Program Portfolio.
Successful enrollment into the APTA’s Advanced Proficiency Geriatric Pathway Program through online application process on the APTA website.
- Enrollment will open in 2018
The program curriculum covers everything from exercise prescription for the older adult to management of Osteoporosis. Below are a list of courses you will be expected to complete.
- Therapeutic Exercise Dosing for Patients with Orthopaedic Dysfunction
- Exercise Prescription for the Older Adult
- Osteoporosis: Identification, Treatment, Prevention, and Management
- PTA Geriatric Foundations (this will be a unique class directed specifically to PTA’s)