PTA Advanced Proficiency Program: Geriatric
Geriatric Program Overview:
Upon completion of this program you will receive 60+ contact hours of continuing education courses on discipline and content specific topics. Over 60 hours of continuing education classes which include both didactic/cognitive materials as well as hands-on, lab format material. You will receive 30 mentoring hours from a Geriatric specialist. Lastly you will have all knowledge and skill assessment tools needed to complete the APTA APP Program Portfolio.
- Open House: August 16, 2017 at 6:30pm at Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital
- Enrollment Opens: September 1, 2017
- Program will begin early 2018
The program curriculum covers everything from exercise prescription for the older adult to management of Osteoporosis. Below are a list of courses you will be expected to complete.
- Therapeutic Exercise Dosing for Patients with Orthopaedic Dysfunction
- Exercise Prescription for the Older Adult
- Osteoporosis: Identification, Treatment, Prevention, and Management
- PTA Geriatric Foundations (this will be a unique class directed specifically to PTA’s)