Stroke Awareness: Updates and Emerging Therapies
Course Date: May 03, 2017 – May 03, 2017
Wednesday: 4:00PM - 8:00PM
Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital
Assembly Rooms 1&2
3599 University Blvd South
Jacksonville, FL 32216
Stroke is a complex diagnosis affecting many individuals’ primarily older adults that have varying aspects of presentation due to the type and extent of the stroke. This course will review the stroke overview and trends. The presentation has been developed as an inter-disciplinary presentation. Therapeutic along with Nursing will present information regarding their specific discipline and also updates on new literature and progress made in the field. This will help to provide a holistic approach to patient management. Discharge resources will be discussed along with new stroke interventions for both preventative and post stroke. As medical advances warrant treatment earlier and with more intense focus, a comprehensive team approach is critical to maximizing patient recovery and reintegration into life over the long-term recovery path. This course will provide a systematic approach to management of the client following stroke.
After completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Identify stroke pathology along with related trends and statistics
- Identify Nursing updates and new trends regarding Stroke
- Identify Physical Therapy updates and new trends regarding Stroke
- Identify Occupational Therapy updates and new trends regarding Stroke
- Identify Speech Therapy updates and new trends regarding Stroke
- Identify discharge resources for home regarding Stroke
- Identify the new emerging therapies and updates regarding prevention of stroke and status post stroke
Dr. Linda Fritzinger-Hearn, Ed.D, MSN, RN
Zlata Muhamedagic, RN, CRRN
This course is intended for Physical Therapists (PT), Physical Therapist Assistants (PTA), Occupational Therapists (OT), Occupational Therapist Assistants (OTA), Speech-Language Pathologists (SLP) and Nursing.
Disclaimer: Registrations from individuals with clinical designations not listed in the intended audience for this course may be subject to removal from the course roster without a full refund. See Brooks IHL Course Policies and Procedures for details. If you are unsure or have questions related to the intended audience, please email info@BrooksIHL.org and we will be happy to help clarify!
This course has been approved for 4 hours (0.4 CEUs) by the following boards:
- Florida Physical Therapy Association
- Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- Florida Boad of Language Speech Audiologist
- Florida Board of Nursing
The Brooks Institute of Higher Learning will provide reasonable accommodations for learners with special needs. Please contact the Brooks IHL @ info@BrooksIHL.org for more information and/or for a special needs accommodation request.
- Standard Ticket: $25.00
- Brooks Clinicians: Free