Sports Injuries Management: A Specialist’s Perspective
- Date(s): May 05, 2018 – May 06, 2018
- Times: Saturday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM; Sunday, 8:00AM - 12:00PM *Registration and breakfast are 30 minutes before advertised start time.
Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital
Assembly Room 1 & 2
3599 University Blvd South
Jacksonville, FL 32216
This course will discuss the most common sports-related injuries and their evidence-based treatment. We will discuss the injuries related to the Upper Extremities, Lower Extremities and the Spine, including examples of effective exercises and manual therapy techniques. Participants will have the opportunity to practice these techniques and the development of plans of care for the conditions discussed during the course.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify common conditions of the upper extremities affecting athletes and apply evidence-based practice for the development of the plan of care for those conditions
- Identify common conditions of the lower extremities affecting athletes and apply evidence-based practice for the development of the plan of care for those conditions
- Identify common conditions of the spine affecting athletes and apply evidence-based practice for the development of the plan of care for those conditions
The information presented in this course is clinically relevant for licensed Physical Therapists (PT) only.CEUs:
This course is approved for 12 contact Hours (1.2 CEUs) by the following boards:
Disclaimer: Registrations from individuals with clinical designations not listed in the intended audience for this course may be subject to removal from the course roster without a full refund. See Brooks IHL Course Policies and Procedures for details. If you are unsure or have questions related to the intended audience, please email info@BrooksIHL.org and we will be happy to help clarify!
Simply select the number of tickets you wish to purchase and click the "Order Now" button to pay by credit card. After payment, you will receive an email confirmation of enrollment. Having trouble seeing the prices below? Click here!
- If you would like to pay by check, cash, or department*, please print this registration form, and send it to us with your payment. Checks should be made out to Brooks Rehabilitation.
- The Brooks Institute of Higher Learning will provide reasonable accommodations for learners with special needs. Please contact the Brooks IHL at info@BrooksIHL.org for more information and/or for a special needs accommodation request.