Review for Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN)
Course Date: September 16, 2017 – September 17, 2017
Saturday: 8:30AM - 4:30PM
Sunday: 8:30AM - 4:30PM
Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital
Assembly Rooms 1&2
3599 University Blvd South
Jacksonville, FL 32216
Rehabilitation Certification shows a competence and commitment to the specialty of rehabilitation nursing. The American Association of certification in Nursing (AACN) offers a certification in rehabilitation once the criteria to sit for the exam has been met and an application is forwarded to them. This course will provide the nurse the ability to understand the information needed to prepare for the certification exam.
After completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Discuss Rehabilitation Nursing Models and theories, Functional Health patterns across the lifespan, Identify the function of the rehabilitation team and community re-entry
- Identify the legislation and economic issues regarding Rehabilitation Nursing
- Discuss the ethical and legal issues involved in Rehabilitation nursing
- Recognize the importance of family involvement in Rehabilitation nursing
- Identify nutritional and metabolic issues associated with rehabilitation nursing
- Identify issues associated with elimination issues during rehabilitation nursing,
- Identify the optimal sleep patterns and activity associated with rehabilitation nursing
- Identify cognitive and perceptual patterns associated with rehabilitation nursing
- Discuss self-perception and self-concept associated with rehabilitation nursing
- Discuss individual and relationship patterns associated with rehabilitation nursing
- Discuss sexuality and reproductive function associated with rehabilitation nursing
- Identify coping and stress management associated with rehabilitation nursing
- Identify communication strategies associated with rehabilitation nursing
- Discuss strategies to maintain the highest level of independence and optimal health during rehabilitation and in the community
- Discuss how to integrate legislation and regulations regarding Rehabilitation
- Identify ways to deliver cost effective care regarding Rehabilitation
- Identify ethical and legal considerations regarding rehabilitation nursing
- Discuss ways to support cultural and spiritual systems to achieve holistic wellness.
- Identify test taking tips for success
Dr. Linda Fritzinger-Hearn, Ed.D, MSN, RN
Kim Farmer, BSN, RN, CRRN
This course is intended for Nursing only.
Disclaimer: Registrations from individuals with clinical designations not listed in the intended audience for this course may be subject to removal from the course roster without a full refund. See Brooks IHL Course Policies and Procedures for details. If you are unsure or have questions related to the intended audience, please email info@BrooksIHL.org and we will be happy to help clarify!
This course has been approved for 14 hours (1.4 CEUs) by the following boards:
- Florida Board of Nursing
The Brooks Institute of Higher Learning will provide reasonable accommodations for learners with special needs. Please contact the Brooks IHL @ info@BrooksIHL.org for more information and/or for a special needs accommodation request.
- Early Bird Ticket: $250.00
- Standard Ticket: $280.00
- Brooks Clinicians: $150.00