Ron Schenk, PT, PhD, OCS, FAAOMPT, Dip MDT
- Title: Dean of the Division of Health and Human Services, Associate Professor of Physical Therapy
- Employer: Daemen College
- Telephone: (716) 839-8360
- Email: RSchenk@daemen.edu
Dr. Ron Schenk is Dean of the Division of Health and Human Services and an Associate Professor of Physical Therapy at Daemen. Dr. Schenk is also Director of the Daemen Fellowship Program in Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy and the Fellowship Program in Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy. He has published his clinical research in peer-reviewed journals and has presented at national and international conferences.
- Doctorate: PhD, University at Buffalo
- Certification: Orthopaedic Clinical Specialist
- Certification: Diplomaed in Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy, McKenzie Institute
- Residency: Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy, Gulf Coast Graduate Physical Therapy Institute
- Masters: Sports Medicine, Ithaca College
- Bachelors: Physical Therapy, Ithaca College
Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy (OMPT) and Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (MDT).
Dr. Schenk serves as the Director of the Daemen Fellowship Program in Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy and the Fellowship Program in Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy.
Dr. Schenk is an Associate Editor for the Journal of Manual and Manipulative
Therapy, Vice-Chair of the McKenzie Institute, USA and is active in the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists, an organization for which he has served as Secretary and Vice-President.
2011 Kaltenborn "Teach I Must" Award
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists Executive Committee (AAOMPT) and Professional Development Committee chose Dr. Schenck for the 2011 Kaltenborn Award. This award is given to recognize an outstanding instructor in an APTA credentialed clinical fellowship in orthopaedic manual physical therapy.