Nicholas LaRosa, PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT
- Title: Physical Therapist
- Employer: Brooks Rehabilitation
- Telephone: (904) 824-1478
- Email: Nicholas.LaRosa@BrooksRehab.org
Dr. Nicholas LaRosa currently serves as the lead orthopaedic physical therapist for the Brooks outpatient center in St. Augustine. His responsibilities include developing and implementing plans of care for a varied orthopaedic population. He is a board certified specialist in orthopaedics through the APTA and current Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists (AAOMPT).
- Doctorate: Doctorate in Physical Therapy State University of New York at Stony Brook, 2004
- Residency: Brooks/UNF Orthopaedic Residency 2009
- Fellowship: Brooks/UNF Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship 2010
Dr. LaRosa’s clinical specialization and interest is within the specialty area of orthopaedics with particular interest managing individuals with shoulder and lumbar conditions. Dr. LaRosa is an OMPT practitioner and a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists (AAOMPT). Dr. LaRosa was first recognized as an AAOMPT Fellow in 2011.
Dr. LaRosa has an Adjunct appointment at the University of North Florida where he has taught Physical Agents and Modalities and Orthopaedics at the doctorate level. He also mentors orthopaedic residents and fellowship candidates in case management and teaching components of these programs. Dr. LaRosa is a lead instructor for the orthopaedic assessment and management of the neurologic shoulder clinical education course offered by Brooks.